Here are today’s Current Affairs Questions For Competitive Exams. These Questions Will Be Explained in Very Details, So You Will Gain Good Knowledge About It.
Daily Current Affairs Questions 31-10-2021
1. Trigonopterus corona, which was in news recently, belongs to which species?
Answer – Beetle
- Scientists have recently discovered 28 new species of beetles. One of them is named Trigonopterus corona, reflecting the large impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the project.
2. Queen Heo Hwang-ok Memorial Park, which was in news recently, is located in which country?
Answer – India
- Situated on the banks of Saryu in Ayodhya, this park was earlier known as Ram Katha Park, which is being renovated. After it was inaugurated on 4 November, it would be known as Queen Heo Hwang-ok Memorial Park.
- It is named after a Korean queen. Queen Heo Hwang-ok was a Korean queen who is believed to have been born as Princess Suriratna of Ayodhya to King Padmasana and Indumati.
- Padmasana ruled over the kingdom of Kaushal, a region that stretched from present-day Uttar Pradesh to Odisha.
3. Which country has recently proposed the ‘Wealth Tax’?
Answer – America
- US President Joe Biden has announced an increase in the more traditional proposed rates on the incomes of large corporations and the wealthiest Americans, similar to a ‘wealth tax’.
- This new tax will apply to those who have assets of more than $1 billion or an income of $100 million for three consecutive years.
4. The Gulf of Mannar Marine Biosphere Reserve, which was in news recently, is located in which state?
Answer – Tamil Nadu
- The Gulf of Mannar Marine Biosphere Reserve consists of a chain of islands and coral reefs along the coast located in Tamil Nadu.
- The annual migration of birds from the Arctic to the Gulf of Mannar Marine Biosphere Reserve has started recently.
5. According to ‘Digital 2021: October Global Snapshot’, what percentage of the world’s population uses a mobile phone?
Answer – 65
- Research firm We Are Social released a report titled ‘Digital 2021: October Global Snapshot’.
- According to this report, more than 65% of the world’s population now uses a mobile phone. Global mobile phone users reached 5.29 billion in October.